We are excited to start the 2016-17 school year! For new families, please know that you will receive many emails regarding school information from us throughout the year. Sometimes, we will request a confirmation email so we know you got the information. If we don't hear back from you via email, someone from the school will usually follow up with a phone call. Parents can always feel free to email us about general school questions.
Once school begins, you will receive the name and contact information for your student's advisor. He or she will be your primary point of contact regarding academic questions specific to your child.
Here are some important scheduling reminders:
- Upper School Student Orientation is Thursday, September 1, 9am-12pm. Lunch will be provided.
- Middle School Student Orientation is Thursday, September 1, 1pm-3pm.
- School begins on Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 8:30am. There is no school on Labor Day (Monday, September 5).
- All students will be dismissed at 3:30 on Wednesday, September 7.
- On Friday, September 9, there will be a noon dismissal for all students due to afternoon faculty meetings. Please make pick-up arrangements as needed.
- Internships for Upper School students will officially begin on September 21, although not all students will be placed by that point. Students who aren't yet placed will be in Study Hall until 3:00 on Wednesdays and 2:00 on Fridays. Students may also be asked to go to interviews at possible internship sites -- we will contact families with those details as they arise.
Other important reminders:
- Students should be working on completing their summer work packets (math and English). Summer work will be due on the first day of school. Some students have abridged or no summer assignments, as indicated in earlier correspondence.
- Students should arrive on the first day of school with the following supplies: a 3-ring binder, 10 dividers, lined paper, and writing utensils. We provide agendas for writing down homework, English and math journals. Teachers will provide any additional materials needed for their classes.
- Student enrollment forms are due on the first day of school (September 6). This includes the Emergency Form, Volunteer Form, Field Trip Permission Form, and Photo Release Form.
- We recently mailed a copy of our pre-pay pizza form for the beginning three sessions. We sell pizza on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you would like to take advantage of ordering and paying ahead for your child, please complete it and return it to the office. You can also access the form by clicking this link.
- Upper school students who haven't yet done so should be sure to complete the internship preference survey emailed out a few weeks ago.
- All students will be assigned a combination lock and a locker during the first week of school. Students may also bring their own lock if they choose.
- Middle school families, please be reminded that the normal Friday dismissal is 2pm.
Please email or call us directly with any other specific questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you all to make this a successful school year!